Skip to main content

Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8 will get the new One UI: Report

Samsung's One UI will be made available on the Galaxy S8, S8+ and Galaxy Note 8.

Samsung's One UI improves one-handed use and adds a system-wide dark theme.

Samsung’s newly announced user interface, One UI, will come to the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ and Galaxy Note 8 after all. Samsung in a statement to Android Authority has confirmed that the company’s previous-generation flagships will be updated with the revamped user interface, though the exact release date of the rollout is unknown. One UI will be officially coming to the Galaxy S9 and S9+, alongside the Galaxy Note 9 in January 2019.

Separately, Samsung leakster @IceUniverse has also confirmed that One UI will be making its way to the Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8. The leakster claims this piece of information has come from a senior Samsung official, which makes it sound believable.  A previous report suggested that the refreshed One UI wouldn’t be coming Samsung’s 2017 line of flagship smartphones, such as the Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8. Now, it seems that won’t be the case after all.

At its recently concluded annual developer conference in San Francisco, Samsung first announced an entirely new software experience, called One UI. The user interface improves one-handed use and adds a system-wide dark theme. One UI will officially be made available on the company’s Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9 in January next year. The beta is expected to launch in the US, Germany and Korea later this month, and it will gradually expand to other markets, including India, China, France, and the UK sometime later.

It’s being said that One UI will be the default interface on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S10 which is likely to debut at MWC 2019 in Barcelona. The same user interface will also be made available on the company’s foldable smartphone which was teased for the first time at SDC 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Nokia 5.1 Plus Better Than Zenfone Max Pro M1, Redmi 6 Pro, Realme 1?

The  Nokia 5.1 Plus is the topic of discussion on this week's episode of Orbital. This is Nokia's first budget Android One smartphone and it's priced under Rs. 11,000. Nokia 5.1 Plus price in India is the biggest reason for us to dedicate an episode to it. The smartphone has a lot of interesting features that competitors lack and that makes us want to discuss it at length. We've almost completed testing the smartphone and that put us in a good place to talk about it. Reviewers Aditya Shenoy and Roydon Cerejo join host Pranay Parab to discuss this phone. We begin this episode by mentioning what makes the Nokia 5.1 Plus worth checking out. It has a powerful processor at a really low price but is there more to it than just excellent marketing? Roydon talks about that, before moving on to mention the build quality and one major quirky aspect of the Nokia 5.1 Plus' design. Then we talk about the specifications and the battery life of the Nokia 5.1 Plus. This is w...

WhatsApp's chief business officer Neeraj Arora quits

  Neerja Arora ,  WhatsApp ’s chief business officer, is the latest Facebook executive to step down the facebook cluster of companies in the last few months. In a Facebook post , Arora said he is “going to be taking some time off to recharge and spend time with family,” and thanked WhatsApp co-founders Jan Koum and Brian Acton.  Koum stepped down as WhatsApp CEO earlier this year over disagreements with Facebook executives over privacy and encryption. Acton had left WhatsApp a year ago, in September 2017, to start his own non-profit. However, a few months later, he urged people to #deletefacebook on his Twitter account. The co-founders’ departure reportedly boiled down to disagreements over the monetization options for WhatsApp which has been anti-ads since the beginning. It is time. #deletefacebook — Brian Acton (@brianacton) March 20, 2018 Arora had been with WhatsApp since 2011, when the company was just two years old. He was with the...

Musk's new pay deal could make him the world's richest man—if Tesla succeeds

It is the  Elon Musk  of corporate pay deals, a cocksure, all-or-nothing moonshot into history. Little wonder, then, that it is for none other than Elon Musk.  Tesla  Inc. granted the billionaire founder a $2.6 billion award, the largest-ever of its kind, underscoring the company's outsize ambitions and how intimately connected its future success is to Musk. If fully vested over a decade, stock options would net him as much as $55.8 billion. Along the way, nothing would be guaranteed -- zero salary or cash bonuses.  The audacious award outlines a plan for Tesla to become one of the world's biggest companies, which would make Musk perhaps the richest man on the planet in the process, but without as detailed a road map to get there as was provided with his last award. This, too, is very Musk-like -- set big-picture, moonshot end goals, particulars be damned.  "It's breathtaking both in size and in terms of performance required to earn it," Steven Hall...